The chairs & members of the (...)
The full program of the CSD&M (...)
PTC assists thousands of customers, enabling manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. Our technology solutions transform the way they create and service products across the entire product lifecycle – from conception and design to sourcing and service.
As our customers evolve, and their challenges increase in complexity, our goal is unchanged - delivering technology solutions helping to achieve, and sustain, a product and service advantage.
Some Customer Successes:
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries improves production of turbocharge engines with product lifecycle management.
- Rock Fan Engineers fine-tune instrument sound in new guitar designs
- Thrill seeker overcomes limits with Collage Park innovation
- BRITAX Creates Life-Saving Designs
- Polaris reduces time to market by 25%
- ADB broadband optimizes product development processes
- Insitu unmanned aircraft soars to new heights
PTC helps manufacturing leaders address the biggest business challenges they face today. Our following solutions let you aggregate, analyze, and deploy product information to drive the strategy and dynamic decision-making processes on which your success depends:
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Service Lifecycle Management (SLM)
PTC solutions help you optimize the activities within individual functions of your organization, aligning across your entire enterprise: from engineering to supply chain and manufacturing, and sales and service.
Today, PTC works with more than 27,000 businesses around the world helping to design and service products in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed, manufacturing industries. Partnering with PTC, allows you to cultivate and exploit your best product ideas from concept and engineering through delivery and service.
Where we can help you to be more successful:
- Accelerate product innovation by quickly delivering compelling, differentiated products that meet or anticipate customer demands.
- Reduce time-to-market by introducing products to market (locally and globally) faster than current processes allow.
- Improve product quality by incorporating continuous quality monitoring and improvement throughout product development processes.
- Reduce product costs by improving direct product cost estimation and visibility in order to launch products at target cost.
Find out more about our approach to Systems Engineering
Continental AG, a leading global automotive supplier, has implemented a Systems Engineering approach to handle engineering within their own company as well as with OEMs and suppliers. With automobile manufacturing growing in complexity due to the large volume of software-driven features, a typical development project at Continental can generate, realize and validate as many as 11,000 to 12,000 requirements. By adopting a Systems Engineering approach, Continental has seen a huge time savings in managing the exchange of requirements with partners and has significantly improved accuracy on initial imports of documents, eliminating costly rework. The company has also reduced change cycle time for predictable on-time delivery of new products and features, enabling it to offer innovative products before the competition. With a Systems Engineering approach, Continental has been able to meet target objectives for cost, performance and quality.
Find out more about our approach to Requirements Management
Requirements management presents many challenges for product organizations stemming from a lack of visibility into requirements, poor communication of change, and lack of traceability between requirements and other artifacts throughout the product development lifecycle. The results are often costly and time consuming. Increasingly complex requirements and the challenges of managing them across mechanical, electrical, and software disciplines have many organizations searching for a new approach to requirements management.
CVRx, a privately held medical device company, develops active implantable technology to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. After using a competitive solution for their requirements management engineering platform for approximately one year, CVRx found it necessary to replace the complete system because of various shortcomings. CVRx decided instead for flexibility, the ability to integrate multiple disciplines in a single solution and also take advantage of the capacity to provide comprehensive traceability between artifacts. CVRx has compressed development cycles, improved productivity, mitigated risk, and streamlined regulatory and internal reporting.
Come visit PTC at Complex Systems Design & Management conference.